A Structural Conditions project is part of a full IRIS.
To implement a solid infection prevention policy, a number of structural conditions must be met.
The structural conditions as they are being tested in the IRIS, have been segmented into seven main categories
- Checks of available personal protective items are being made.
- Bedpan washers are being reviewed on meeting certain criteria.
- The availability of sufficient handhygiene products is being checked upon.
- Employees are being interviewed on their knowledge of certain precedures.
- The quality of seating furniture is being reviewed.
- The shelf life of certain products is being screened.
- Checks on proper separation between clean and dirty are being performed.