To have data displayed in your widget, go to the second tab of the widget menu, called Datapoints.
The second tab shows your widget settings, which include:
Name in widget
The name you fill out here will be placed inside the widget.
Here you can add additional text, such as a more in-depth description of the widget or additional information. This text will appear below the name inside the widget.
Data point types
To have data shown in your widget you have the option to use fixed data points or dynamic data points. Dynamic data point widgets show values that can changes over time, for instance it will include the latest responses or comments, and the data can adjust when filters are applied to the dashboard. Fixed data point widgets, on the other hand, always show the same values at all time.
When selecting dynamic data points, you have to add the right data source into the widget data point settings. Every widget has a different set of settings for appearance. However, below are the most common options;
Project selection: select the project from which you want to retrieve data
Datapoint main type: select the calculation method you want to apply. You can manage this list within the Reporting KPI & Calculations tab of your portal management. To see the different calculations methods, please go to the article Available options for calculations
Choose datapoint variable: select the variable (e.g question page) where you want to have the calculation method applied to.
Compare choose variable: when you want to compare the calculation method with another variable (e.g store location, country etc.) , you should select this variable here.
Compare - exclude values from compare: If you want to make a comparison but filter out one or more values, you can select the value which is appearing in the drop-down menu.
Filter variable: Filter variable allows you to filter the data in the associated widget based on the value (or values) that are selected. After applying a variable filter, only data that is associated with the selected values is being displayed.
Example 1: NPS TREND
You want to compare the Net Promoter Score of current period with the last period to see if the NPS had increased or decreased. For this you can choose the widget Donut Chart Widget Compare Previous Period With Trend Indicator.
To add dynamic values into the widget, please have a look on how to add the data sources.
1. Go to the datapoints tab in the widget menu,
2. Give the widget a name, and if you want, add a supporting text.
2. Select dynamic by datapoint types.
3. Under decimals main data point indicate your preferred number of decimals that the main data point maximum should have.
4. Under project selection select the project name from which you want to retrieve data. All the projects that are available is shown in the drop down menu.
5. Under datapoint main type choose the calculation method you want to use. In this example it must be the Net Promoter Score.
6. Under choose datapoint variable click in the drop down menu on the questionnaire NPS ranking page. The calculation method previously selected will be applied on this page.
7. Click on save
This is how the widget will look like in your dashboard according to the above explained settings;
Now your dashboard widget will always show you data that is automatically updated with the latest results. Every time the dashboard is opened, it will retrieve and calculate your data so you are always up to date!