Multi Factor Authentication (MFA)

CYS strives to ensure the highest level of safety and convenience for our customers. That's why we're proud to announce a major update to our login process, designed to improve data security and streamline portal access.

What has changed?

We have introduced a new login system, using multifactor authentication for users that work closely with sensitive data (the administrators and guru users). This update replaces the traditional way of logging in, using solely a username and password combination that was being used up until now.

Important benefits:

• Improved security: Multifactor authentication requires verification on multiple levels. By combining something you know (password) with something you have (code), the risk of unauthorized access is reduced significantly.
  • Easy to use: The multifactor authentication method creates a balance between safety and ease. After the initial setup it is possible to receive the verification code on your own mobile device. 
  • Efficiency: The login protocol has been implemented in such a way that multifactor authentication is only required for those accounts that require extra security measures, based on the type of data they have access to.

Multifactor authentication login process:

1)    On the login page of your portal, enter the email address you normally use to log in. Click “Sign in”

2)    Next, enter the password you use to log in with to enter your portal. Should you have forgotten your password, feel free to reset it by clicking the “Forgot your password” link. Confirm your password entry by clicking “Sign in.

Multifactor authentication via Authenticator App

Once your account has been verified, you can continue the login process via multifactor authentication. We offer two different methods of verification: by means of an authenticator app, or by means of sms. The next steps are targeted towards verification through an authenticator app.

1)    Choose for multifactor authentication via de Authenticator app. Click “Continue”.

2)    Download the Microsoft Authenticator App (or a different authenticator app of your choice) and use the QR-code to link it to your account. Click “Continue” once you are done with this.

3)    Next, enter the code you receive via your authenticator app, in the designated field and click “Verify” to check the code. If the code is correct you will log into the portal automatically.

Multifactor authentication via telephone

Once your account has been verified, you can continue the login process via multifactor authentication. We offer two different methods of verification: by means of an authenticator app, or by means of sms. The next steps are targeted towards verification via sms.

1)    Choose for multifactor authentication via phone number. Click “Continue”.

2)    Choose on which telephone number you wish to receive your sms by entering your country code and phone number. You can choose to receive an sms or a phone call.

3)    Enter the code you received on your phone en the designated field and click “Verify Code” to check your entry. If the code is correct, you will log into the portal automatically. If you choose to receive a phone call, you will be asked to enter the pound key (#) to log in.

Frequently asked questions:

Q: Why is an extra step required for my login? Some colleagues only receive a code via email.

A: We have separated the login method based on the user type. Users who have access to the most sensitive data go through an extra security step via Multifactor Authentication.

Q: The logo, background and colors look different on my login screen than in the preview.

A: Each portal has its own corporate identity. We have reflected this corporate identity on the login page. Each portal has its own customized login page.

Q: I have a new phone (number). Does this mean I’m not able to receive my verification code anymore?

A: If you wish to reset the authenticator app or phone number, you can do by clicking on “Security Settings” in the same dropdown you normally use to log off. Should you not be able to access your portal at all anymore, a different administrator is able to reset your account for you.

Q: Can I also log in to my mobile app via OTP?

A: Logging in to the mobile app or the Experience app is done in exactly the same way.

Q: Why do I have to log in again? I don’t remember having logged off?

A: One of the security measures we have implemented automatically logs users off if they are inactive in the portal for an extended period of time. This means that an unmanaged account cannot be misused.

Q: What requirements should a strong password have?

A: A strong password exists of 8- 64 characters and has at least 3 out of 4 of the following elements: Capital characters, Lower case characters, digits or special characters.

Login or Signup to post a comment